Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Oversight of and maintenance of accountability for SEND policy and provision.
- Strategic oversight of SEND provision.
SENIOR MASTER LOWER SCHOOL (Mr J Bleakley)
- Line management of SEND Department.
SENDCo (Mrs D Jenkins)
ASSISTANT SENDCo (Mr D Wightman)
SEND Administrative Support (Miss T Goldsmith)
- Communication with SEND Team regarding potential SEND needs as referred by parents, following reporting cycles, or as other matters may arise.
- Provision of necessary pastoral support as detailed in Individual Education Plans.
Identification - The SENDCo may receive information indicating potential SEND needs in one of the following ways:
- Entry at Year 7 (baseline report, primary school transfer information), entry mid-year (Entrance test, School file transfer information), entry at Sixth Form (GCSE results, School file transfer information).
- Assessment cycles are used to seek to identify pupils making less than expected progress given their age and individual circumstances.
- Referrals from staff who identify pupils making less than expected progress given their age and individual circumstances.
- Referrals from parents or pupils who raise concerns that there may be a specific SEND need
Screening - The SENDCo will undertake a screening process to confirm whether there are SEND needs following identification.
Arrangement of Reasonable Adjustments - The SENDCo makes arrangements for appropriate and reasonable adjustments as needed for the pupils with SEND requirements:
Review - The SENDCo oversees an annual review process for SEND needs which involves the following:
Information collation and sharing - The SENDCo co-ordinates with relevant Pastoral and Safeguarding staff to review pupil needs:
The SENDCo maintains a SEND register outlining pupils for whom provision needs to be ‘additional to or different from’ (SEND Support) and those for whom there are potential SEND needs or are historic SEND needs (SEND Awareness). The SENDCo communicates with staff when an assessment of needs and reasonable adjustments are updated.
Policies relating to Special Educational Needs and Disability