The WHSB Learner Profile outlines the attributes that every student should strive towards.
The WHSB student strives to:
- be intellectually curious - They pursue their academic interests beyond the confines of the curriculum, and are reflective, capable of self-criticism and open to improvement;
- have personal integrity - They are honest, reliable and have a strong sense of fairness, justice and respect for others and themselves. They take responsibility for their appearance and actions, and the consequences that accompany them;
- be collaborative and supportive - They actively engage, participate and make a positive contribution in group activities. They are tolerant, compassionate and dutiful members of the community;
- be open to opportunity - They are well-balanced and open-minded. They are capable of taking a considered risk and optimistic when faced with a challenge;
- be globally aware - They are well informed regarding global events and are internationally minded. They possess intercultural awareness and the skill to communicate in more than one language;
- be an effective communicator - They are literate and numerate, capable of speaking and presenting with fluency, confidence and the ability to persuade others. They use ICT with maturity and effectiveness;
- be a lifelong learner - They aspire to set themselves ambitious and realistic goals. They are resilient in the face of difficulty and possess the flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances.