Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance
CAREERS EDUCATION, INFORMATION, ADVICE AND GUIDANCE
The School delivers an extensive programme of Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) which is embedded across pupils’ education at WHSB.
It does not simply take place as part of bespoke or one-off events, but rather the Careers Programme is delivered through four channels: the Pastoral Programme; PSHEE; curricular activities; and extra-curricular activities.
The School also undertakes regular Compass+ evaluations against the eight Gatsby Benchmarks, in order to review its provision
Furthermore, the School’s Learner Profile and its seven attributes enable our students to be well-prepared to make informed decisions about their future careers and be in a position to access opportunities, having developed the cultural capital which opens those doors to them:
- Be intellectually curious
- To have personal integrity
- Be collaborative and supportive
- Be open to opportunity
- Be globally aware
- Be an effective communicator
- Be a lifelong learner
The School employs a dedicated Careers Advisor, Mr M Atkinson, whose contact details can be found at the bottom of this page.
The School’s Careers and Provider Access Policy can be accessed via the following link: Careers Policy
The School welcomes approaches from employers and businesses who would like to contribute to the School’s Careers Programme. Approaches should be directed to the School’s dedicated Careers Advisor.
Careers Advisor contact details:
Mr M Atkinson, Westcliff High School for Boys, Kenilworth Gardens, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, SS0 0BP
Telephone via Main School Office: 01702 475443 Email: email@example.com
This page is regularly reviewed (each month at the least).
Careers Evening: Careers in Finance, Law and Media - Wednesday 1 February - 7pm to 9pm
- Letter Regarding Y11 Work Experience - October 2022
- Speakers for Schools South East - What's On? (Careers Spotlights, Insight Days, Work Experience Opportunities, Apprenticeships). Please ask your Progress Leader to be a Referee if one is required.
- Speakers for Schools and National Apprenticeship Week 2023. Our School is registering an interest.
- Amazing Apprenticeships: Higher and Degree Vacancy Listing for 2022/23 Recruitment
- Apprenticeship Week: 6th - 10th February 2023
- Allen & Overy Solicitor Apprenticeships
GREATER ESSEX CAREERS HUB
- Where next? - Labour Market Information and Careers Hub Options Booklet
- Coming Soon: Learn Live UK - their Jobs Live News Channel is an innovative, interactive, moderated online channel that brings jobs, Labour Market Information and employers directly into the classroom or home. Students are able to engage with businesses via a chat function on the site 24/7 (fully moderated and safeguarded) and watch videos and interviews with employers on demand and in real time.