You may be aware that, if you are eligible for certain benefits, you can apply for free school meals for your son on the Southend Council website. If this applies to you then we would appreciate you applying by Thursday of this week (19 January 2017).
You can register your son for Free School Meals if you receive one of these benefits:
- Income Support;
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance;
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit (if you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income under £16,190);
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' – the payment you may get for another 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
With our cashless catering system, receiving free school meals is very discrete and your son’s peers do not need to know that they are in receipt of the allowance, which is valued at £3.00 per day.
Under the current national funding arrangements, the School receives additional funding of £935 per year from Central Government when a pupil is registered for free school meals. We would encourage you to register for free school meals if you are entitled to do so.
To apply, please complete the form at https://southend.firmstep.com/default.aspx/RenderForm/?F.Name=ofyiMHFi7J8&%3Cspan%20id= by Thursday this week.
Thank you for your support with this matter.